? ??????????????The Emo Princess? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (25 Ratings)??257 Grabs Today. 3991 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Delicate Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (597 Ratings)??248 Grabs Today. 111239 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Long Insecurity Conference

This past Friday I hopped in the car and headed to Woodstock, Georgia, which is near Atlanta. Beth Moore had a conference on Saturday to go along with her new book, So Long Insecurity You've Been a Bad Friend to Us.


The first place I went was Pappasito's Cantina to meet some Siestas, Beth Moore's blog community, for dinner. It was thrilling walking up there. I know these wonderful ladies well from the internet, but I haven't had the privilege of seeing them very often. When I walked up I immediately noticed Jan, Fran, and Lisa. I was afraid they didn't recognize me but then I heard my name! I was lucky to get to sit by Lisa also known as The Preacher's Wife. She even let me try some of her guacamole. I hardly ever try anything. It was a little sweet- wasn't too bad. Everytime a different blogger walked in our little spot of the restaurant, people would scream. Yolanda and I were so excited to see each other! She didn't know I was going to be at dinner. Our little Siesta reunion was so much fun! I enjoyed the Mariachi band!

Tammy was so sweet to offer her house to us! We had a fun little sleepover. Kate was cracking me up so hard my stomach hurt. We woke up crazy early the next day to go to the conference. It was wonderful, as all of Beth Moore's conferences are. As soon as it started I knew I made the right decision to come to the actual site. The conference was simulcast to over 800 churches. Can you believe 300,000 women were watching? I could've gone to a church at home, but it was much more fun to be there in person. We sat on the second row on the right and Beth was in the next section on the first row during praise and worship.


We looked at Ephesians 4:1, 17-24.

Our acronym was:
S aved from herself
E ntitled to truth
C lothed with intention
U pended by grace
R ebounded by love
E xceptional in life

That day I ended up creeping around the Living Proof Ministries table where some of my favorite Siestas were working. I was so excited to see my Miranda Brown. Everybody loves her and rightfully so. We are the same age! I've actually never met any Siestas younger than me but I know they are out there! Miranda attended the conference with a friend, Kathy. So while Miranda was working the table again, I decided to introduce myself to Kathy. Kathy ended up inviting me to her mountain house to stay the night. I am so glad she did. Kathy and Miranda made me smile all night. Loved their stories! The house, in Big Canoe, GA, was so nice and the next day we had pancakes and bacon on the screened porch with a gorgeous view. I made one huge pancake and Miranda ate it! Kathy said everything tastes better in the mountains- she's right!

Look at this gorgeous view! I took a risk taking a picture while driving in the mountains! I'm used to driving in the flat Lowcountry!

The weekend was wonderful! It's amazing to have friends from all over the country who love Jesus so much and cause an endless amount of laughter!

0 comments: